Skip to main content

Healthy Meals For All

Healthy Meals for All

Starting this 2023-2024 school year, Telluride School District is excited to announce its participation in the Healthy School Meals for All program for Breakfast and Lunch. All students enrolled at Telluride School District may participate in the Breakfast and Lunch at no cost!

Studies have shown that students who are not hungry perform better in school. By providing Breakfast and Lunch to all students at no cost, we hope to create a better learning environment for our students.

As in previous years, households must provide their household income information when requested via an application. While meals will be provided at no cost to all students in participating schools, Telluride School District needs to continue gathering this information to receive full access to state and federal funding. Additional funds will go directly to schools to help cover the cost of meals, support after-school activities, and other nutritional programs for students. Plus, qualifying households may receive discounted school fees, class materials, bus passes, utility support, ski PE scholarships, and more.  

The school meals that Telluride School District serves follow U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines for healthy school meals.

Please look at the attached Free and Reduced letter below for information on where to find an application and how to apply. To learn more about the Healthy School Meals for All program, visit the Colorado Department of Education for more information!


Thank you for your participation and support of our nutrition program,

Christine Reich


Director of Finance/Nutrition




Did you know that if your student participates in a free or reduced-price meal program, your household automatically qualifies for the Affordable Connectivity Program? The ACP is a federal government program that provides $30/month toward home internet service, making some plans FREE. The benefit can be applied to both new and existing plans. We can help to provide the documentation you need to prove eligibility!

  • Children need healthy meals to learn. Telluride School District offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided to all students at no cost. Your children may qualify for Federal Funding for free or reduced-price school meals. Students in all grades who qualify for this program will also be eligible to receive discounted school fees, class materials, bus passes, utilities support, ski PE scholarships, and more.


    This packet includes an application for free or reduced-price meal benefits and detailed instructions. You can also find applications at Telluride School District, 725 W. Colorado Ave. Telluride, CO 81435, or apply online at Linq Connect.


  • Who can receive free or reduced-price meals?

    1. All children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), Medicaid or Temporary Assistance for Needy Family (TANF/Colorado Works – Basic Cash Assistance or State Diversion), are eligible for free meals.
    2. Foster children under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals. Foster children may be added as household members of the foster family if the foster family chooses to apply. Including foster children as household members may help other children qualify for benefits. If the foster family is not eligible, it does not prevent a foster child from receiving benefits.
    3. Children who qualify for their district’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
    4. Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
    5. Children may receive free or reduced-price meals if their household’s income is within the limits of the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced-price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart.

    FEDERAL ELIGIBILITY INCOME CHART For School Year 2023 – 2024

    Household size




































    Each additional person:





    How do I know if my children qualify as homeless, migrant, or runaway? Do the members of your household...

    Lack of a permanent address? Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing? Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis? Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household? If you believe children in your home meet these descriptions and have not already been notified that your children will receive free meals, please e-mail Ericka De Maquera.


    Would you like me to fill out an application for each child?

    No. Use one Free and Reduced-Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We can only approve a complete application, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to Trevor Pedigo.


    Should I fill out an application if I receive a letter this school year saying my children are already approved for free meals?

    No, but please read the letter you received carefully and follow the instructions. If any children in your household need to be added to your eligibility notification, you can contact Trevor Pedigo.


    Do you know if I can apply online?

    Yes! You should complete an online application instead of a paper application if possible. The online application has the exact requirements and will ask you for the same information as the paper application. Visit Linq Connect to begin or to learn more about the online application process, or contact Trevor Pedigo if you have any questions about the online application.


    My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one?

    Yes. Your child’s application is only valid for that school year and for the first 30 days of this school year. You must send in a new application unless the school notified you that your child is eligible for the new school year.


    I received WIC. Can my child receive free meals?

    Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please send in a completed free and reduced-price school meal application to determine free or reduced-price eligibility.


    Do you know if the information I give will be checked?

    You may be selected to provide written proof of the household income you report on the application.


    If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later?

    Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced-price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.


    What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?

    It would be best if you talked to school officials. You can also ask for a hearing by contacting Christine Reich.


    May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. Citizen?

    Yes. You, your children, or other household members must not be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced-price meals. Immigration, migrant, citizenship, or refugee status is not required to be provided during the application process, and families should continue to apply for free or reduced-price school meals. The application does require the last four numbers of a Social Security number or an indication that there is no Social Security number. Social Security number information is not reported to any organization outside Telluride School District.


    What if my income is sometimes different? 

    Could you list the amount that you usually receive? For example, if you typically make $1000 each month but missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1000 monthly. If you usually get overtime, include it, but do not if you only work overtime sometimes. Use your current income if you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced. The last four digits of the Social Security Number of an adult household member (or an indication of “none”) are required to process a complete income application.


    What if some household members have no income to report?

    Household members may not receive some income we ask you to report on the application or may not receive payment. Whenever this happens, please write a 0 in the field. However, if any income fields are left empty or blank, those will also be counted as zeroes. Please be careful when leaving income fields blank, as we will assume you meant to do so. The last four digits of the Social Security Number of an adult household member (or an indication of “none”) are required to process a complete income application.


    We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?

    Our basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income. If you get any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food, or clothing or receive Family Subsistence Supplemental Allowance payments, it must also be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is also excluded from income.

    What if there isn’t enough space on the application for my family?

    Please list any additional household members on a separate paper and attach it to your application. Contact Trevor Pedigo to receive a second application.


    My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?

    Contact your local assistance office to find out how to apply for other assistance benefits. Colorado PEAK is an online service to screen and apply for medical, food, and cash assistance programs. It can be accessed at Colorado Peak.

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.


    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.


    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027,

    USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at USDA or from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:


    1. Mail:

    U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

    2. Fax:

    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

    3. Email

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.